Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Beauty & StyleHair · 1 month ago

Chances of me going bald ?

My father started losing his age at 25 (I’m 24) and went fully bald by age 28-29. Since I’m nearing that age I’m started to ponder. My father’s side has some cases of hair loss, his mother also had hair loss but her other son (my uncle) did not have such a problem. 

My mother’s side is completely different - on both sides of her family people have heads full of hair, even older men on my mother’s side have hair density of an average 30 year old. 

I’m curious to see how I will end up as from what I know genetics is the major factor that determines hair loss. 

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Classic male pattern baldness is genetic however it comes from your mother's side of the family. Even if you look exactly like your dad's twin the baldness gene comes from mom. If her dad has flowing tresses that would make Rapunzel jealous then you should keep most of your hair. There are other causes of hair loss  but the George Costanza extended forehead isn't likely. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.