Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Science & MathematicsBiology · 1 month ago

Was life created organically, or was Earth seeded by an outside source ?

The fact that we haven't yet create life out of Earth's raw materials makes me believe life was transplanted from a extraterrestrial source. What do you think? 

'K' ,   Show me your sources big mouth. 

• Cowboy

Science has no theory for the origin of life, only competing hypotheses. And if we ever do create life, there's nothing to say that's the only way....Right now, we're all speculating....

• ?

We do not know and we may never know.

There are of course some interesting hypothesies which attempt to demonstrate that abiogenesis is possible. So the building blocks of life may well have originated on Earth, most likely around underseas geothermal vents.

There is some speculation that these chemicals or even early cells may have originated elsewhere in space and landed on Earth via a meteor strike, one reason being that it reduces the presence of free oxygen. But even if that were true it just pushes the process back a step and we still have to explain how abiogenesis could have happened elsewhere before arriving on Earth.

• ?

Have a look at A Course on Abiogenesis by Dr. James Tour https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=71dqAFUb-v0

The idea of panspermia, Earth seeded by an outside source, is an indirect acknowledgement that abiogenesis on Earth is impossible, but if we move it to a galaxy far, far away ....

Source(s): @Smeghead, was that starting with existing biological material?

its called abiogenesis and it happened unintelligently for no reason at all.

I have created life out of Earth's raw materials. Twice. I'm off to put them to bed now, as it happens.

My mom said that life started underwater, but I can't say the truth.

Assuming you can read....

Genesis 2:7 KJV — And the LORD God formed man of the dust of the ground, and breathed into his nostrils the breath of life; and man became a living soul.

Scientists have created life already, do some research