Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

The Master asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 month ago

why does my dermatologists say (3 has said this) that Hydrocortisone is perfectly safe?

3 dermatologist that I've been to, told me hydrocortisone was perfectly safe. They tell me to use hydrocortisone 2% can be used for long periods of time up until the rash goes away. 

They say the only non safe ones are betamethasone which one prescribed me for a very short period of time and told me not to use it anymore. 

My conditions 2 derms said was linchen simplex, and one other derm said intertrigo.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

In terms of steroid potency, hydrocortisone is very weak, hence is really safe.  Betamethasone is quite potent and when used longer causes dermal thinking and other side effects.

• 1 month ago

What reason do you have to think it's NOT safe...

and, if you do have a reason... you need to express your concern with your Dermatologist.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.