The Master asked in HealthMen's Health · 1 month ago

why does my dermatologists say (3 has said this) that Hydrocortisone is perfectly safe?

3 dermatologist that I've been to, told me hydrocortisone was perfectly safe. They tell me to use hydrocortisone 2% can be used for long periods of time up until the rash goes away. 

They say the only non safe ones are betamethasone which one prescribed me for a very short period of time and told me not to use it anymore. 

My conditions 2 derms said was linchen simplex, and one other derm said intertrigo.

Favorite Answer

In terms of steroid potency, hydrocortisone is very weak, hence is really safe.  Betamethasone is quite potent and when used longer causes dermal thinking and other side effects.

What reason do you have to think it's NOT safe...

and, if you do have a reason... you need to express your concern with your Dermatologist.