Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

If I have a restraining order on me and if a relative of mine contacts the protected do I get in trouble ?

Just on the count that someone related to me contacted that person and I had nothing to do with it

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Only if you're somehow responsible for what your relatives are doing after they know about the restraining order.

• 1 month ago

The last time you asked, you admitted you KNEW your mom would contact them before you told her about the order.

• RICK
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Depends

If the relative does it on your behalf or at your request yes you can get in trouble, otherwise no

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

they need proof but people are pure trash and instigators

Source(s): pure trash and instigators
  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

The law hasn't changed since the last time you asked this.  It ALL DEPENDS on the wording in the restraining order.  The question is going to be if the relative made contact on your behalf.  I can't imagine any other reason, but the Court will attempt to find out.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Highly likely, restraining orders prohibit both, direct and indirect contact. 

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

i would hope not

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Iffy.   The protected person cam go to court and say you put the relative up to it.   Aways go the extra mile to be away from those contacts.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.