Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 1 month ago

If I have a restraining order on me and if a relative of mine contacts the protected do I get in trouble ?

Just on the count that someone related to me contacted that person and I had nothing to do with it

Only if you're somehow responsible for what your relatives are doing after they know about the restraining order.

The last time you asked, you admitted you KNEW your mom would contact them before you told her about the order.

• RICK

Depends

If the relative does it on your behalf or at your request yes you can get in trouble, otherwise no

they need proof but people are pure trash and instigators

Source(s): pure trash and instigators

The law hasn't changed since the last time you asked this.  It ALL DEPENDS on the wording in the restraining order.  The question is going to be if the relative made contact on your behalf.  I can't imagine any other reason, but the Court will attempt to find out.

• ?

Highly likely, restraining orders prohibit both, direct and indirect contact. 

• ?

i would hope not

Iffy.   The protected person cam go to court and say you put the relative up to it.   Aways go the extra mile to be away from those contacts.