Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsOther - Family & Relationships · 2 months ago

How can i prevent a stalker from going to my house?

2 years ago i was jogging in my community and this girl who live like 3 blocks away asked for my name when i passed by and i just gave it. Soon after they would say hi to me whenever she would walk past by me when i jog and when she walks. I wasn't interested in her but i think she was interested in me because she doesnt do that to other or people around and why would a neighbor ask for my name in the first place? She managed to know where i live because she walked past my house during her afternoon walks and saw me outside. After a while i kinda lost the mood to say hi back cuz I really don't like her so i just ignore her or avoid her when i see her. Just yesterday this happened. My brother gave me a note. He said a girl passed by who he assumed was a friend and handed him a note. The note said "Why dont you want to be my friend...I love you. Please dont be mean to me and ignore me" That is the short version of the note i read cuz the long one is like a whole bond paper lenght. I just burned it. She sounds like she is a stalker. So should i consider to ignore her more and what if she wont stop?

• d j

Ignore her. Worry about what ifs later.

• ?

Keep all the notes, when they start getting crazy, take the notes to the police and get a restraing order against her.

• Alan H

How come she can walk quicker than you jog?

What harm would there be, though, in being friendly? You can let her know that it is no more than that

tell her right now you are not making new friends and please do not contact you again.

if shes contacts you after that contact the police.

"This girl who live(s) ... they would say hi."  Who is THEY?  You have no evidence.  You burned the note (for whatever reason).  Yes, you "should consider to ignore her more."  The NEXT time she sends a note, take it to the Police.

• donnie

Report this to the police and carry a gun on you

Personally, I would confront her. "Nothing personal, but I'm not making new friends right now and I found it to be inappropriate for you leave a note at my house. Please respect my privacy and restrain yourself from greeting or contacting me again."

If she ignores that, consider reporting her to the local authorities and let them handle it.