Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

If you struggle with being underweight, do you find it offensive when people call you skinny?

1 Answer

Relevance
  • Andy C
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I'm now fairly skinny after 30 years of being fat.  I wear that label with pride.   You see, obesity/fatness is reversible by means of correction of the hormones by eating food and not junk that results in turning off the body's hunger off switch. 

YOUR hunger off switch works, despite eating garbage. 

But garbage makes ALL of us sick.

This is the garbage you eat: sugar, HFCS, honey, nectar, juice, molasses, syrups and white flour products. 

This is why the keto diet initially appears to work.

But your leptin response is HEALTHY.   Being fat itself is not unhealthy,  but what causes that fatness causes diabetes II, most heart disease and most hypothyroidism. 

This is why skinny people get diabetes II. 

Source(s): My best scientific advice is to work with resistance (weights, etc.), making what your DNA determines your musculature to be, strong as you can. THAT is what's important. Not what muscles look like. I have excellent Germanic musculature and due to disability and no gyms, I am weak. Big muscles mean squat when you don't do anything with them.
Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.