Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthDiseases & ConditionsCancer · 1 month ago

Will there ever be a cure for cancer ?

I personally think there won’t be sadly because every cancer is unique and every DNA is unique. Not all cancers are the same, there are over 100 sorts of cancer. Perhaps there will be a cure in the future but it would be highly difficult cause like I said all cancers and DNA’s are different. I doubt there will be a cure, it’s not a single same disease for everyone. Luckily we have at least for now chemotherapy, radiation, surgeries and some types of medicines for the disease. In the past before all that, cancer was basically a death sentence so thank goodness for modern medicine and technology. 

• Lisa M

100 years ago, few people died of cancer. There are hundreds of types of cancer. Combine that with each patient's differing DNA, then it is difficult. That said, I think our environment and society feeds cancer. Toxic chemicals are everywhere and we are under tremendous stress. Until our earth is cleaned up and our stress levels are down, cancer will continue.

• hart

cancer makes money

cancer cure will stop the profit

I had aggressive treatment for a cancer involving spinal cord, brain, bone and carotid artery nearly 20 years ago. That's pretty good, I think.

BTW, a couple of years ago, I was part of a major study by the NIH comparing the DNA of two variants of a rare cancer. We recruited through an online support group for that cancer, and got a response ten times that of previous studies. Specimens were collected by post. I followed up recruiting with personal emails and reassurance about privacy. Treatment of that cancer is now more aggressive and people are living longer.

Not in our life time 

A single cure for all cancers, of course not.

Different cures for all the different cancers, probably, we are making tremendous progress 

• Andy C

Not until we reach Star Trek like medicine,  capable of treating at the cellular and subcellular level.

All cancers, no.

But individual cancers that are getting the research money are getting new treatments. Mr. Anonymous's leukemia would have killed him if he'd gotten that type ten years earlier than he did. The chemotherapy he got took it from a zero percent five-year survival rate to five percent. and if that doesn't sound like much improvement, you'd be wrong. He's living proof.

Yes, we will. In fact we are very close to getting one. Extracting sample cancer cells and targeting the same. Will fail if it has spread to other parts.