Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Business & FinanceTaxesUnited States · 1 month ago

I missed the first 2 stimulus payments but worked, does anyone know why TurboTax isn't asking about the recent $1,400 stimulus?

I am just scared about missing the $1,400 stimulus payment just like when everyone recieved direct deposits except for me even though I worked for years, meet income requirements and owe nothing to the government, child support, etc.

Do they need time to update?Thank You.

8 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Because there IS no stimulus right now. Turbotax isn't psychic--they base their calculations on the 2020 income and tax laws--not the ones that haven't even passed yet. That $1400 stimulus payment may not ever reach you, or it may reach you later, or who the hell knows WHEN you might or might not get it. Your taxes THIS year are based on LAST year, not the year ahead. 

• 1 month ago

ASSUMING the $14,000 payment passes, it won't be related to your 2020 tax return.

• Judy
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

did you file tax returns all those years you worked?

• 1 month ago

There is no recent 1400 stimulus, that's why.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

the 1400 will be asked around March or april of 2022 when you file for 2021

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

The $1400 hasn't been signed into law yet.  When it is, it will take a few days for it to be updated on all the different software.

• 1 month ago

The $1400 doesn't affect the taxes being filed now (it might affect what gets filed in a year from now).  For what is being filed now, only the first two matter.

Also, the $1400 hasn't officially passed yet (the differences between the House and Senate versions need to be resolved, then they may need to vote again, and finally Biden has to sign it).

• 1 month ago

If you missed, as in, you didn't receive it.  When you file your 2020 taxes (spring 2021) you include that you have not received the money yet and you will get it as part of your taxes (either to cover taxes owed or as part of your refund).

At this point, there is no $1400 3rd stimulus payment

- the house passed a bill and the senate passed a bill = it is not the same bill.

- Congress has to pass the same bill for the payment to occur and then the President has to sign the bill to become law.  Obviously, Biden will sign it but it could be weeks before it gets to his desk. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.