Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 month ago

what name do you call this thing?

write the teacher's house instead the house of teacher


please i'm learning

Attachment image

5 Answers

  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

    It's a possessive. The house of the teacher --> the teacher's house.

    The teacher owns, or possesses, the house.

    I learned today it's also called the Saxon genitive.

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    The house of the teacher. 

    The teacher's house. 

    But never:  The house of the teacher's. 

    This is called possessive. 

    Gramatically, it's called genitive case. 

  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

    Write "the teacher's house" instead OF "the house of teacher."

  • 1 month ago

    I do not understand the question.  What is it that you are asking for ?  The silly diagram is no help.

  • How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

    The teacher's house instead the house of teacher

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.