Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentImmigration · 1 month ago

Is it legally possible to change my surname in USA being an immigrant?

I don't want to move to USA, I just want to have the same surname of my great-great-grandmother. In my country the laws don't allow us to do this

2 Answers

  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

    If you become a legal resident of the USA then you can change your name by petitioning the courts. 

  • Foofa
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

    You have to be a resident of the county in question to file a legal name change request. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.