Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

rachel asked in HealthOther - Health · 1 month ago

How effective is the moderna vaccine one week after the first dose? (And the weeks after that)?

I got my first dose of the vaccine last Monday (3/1/21). I keep being told it will work 2 weeks after my second dose. But no one will tell me how much it works before the 2 weeks after the second dose. Does anyone know how effective the moderna vaccine is a week, two weeks, etc after the first dose? I’m still going to be safe and wear a mask and everything but I’m curious.

1 Answer

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

With the Moderna, Astragenica and Pfizer the anti-bodies start to build up day by day until by the third week you should have built up considerable protection, and after the 2nd vaccine you should have at least 95% protection.

Even though you may have had the vaccine it is still important to continue to protect yourself and others .with a mask

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.