Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

?
Lv 5
? asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Does a chihuahua fit my needs? I need a dog less than 10 pounds, who isn’t high energy, is ok with being inside most of the time but would ?

be happy to be carried in a pack on a hiking trail. I want a sensitive and affectionate dog. What breeds fit these needs?

4 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Surely, you are KIDDING!  Chihuahua are NOT laid back; instead SUPER HIGH ENERGY (INDOORS & OUTDOORS). They are very territorial (& YAPPY) prone to bite, and are very stubborn, DOG DOMINANT, and extremely hard to train (including housebreaking). They are LOW IN SOCIABILITY WITH FAMILY & strangers, & EXTREMELY LOW with children, SO IN SHORT OTHER THAN BEING THE right size,  are a VERY POOR FIT for your requests.

A sensitive and affectionate and CALMER toy dog would be an ITALIAN GREYHOUND Other options: Bolognese, an English Toy Spaniel, and a Pug are all LOW energy (calm) and affectionate TOY DOGS @ 10 lbs or under.  Most toy breeds are super HIGH energy, for starters - like Toy poodles, Papillon, Yorkies etc.

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Chihuahuas are yappy overgrown rats that require a lot of exercise. You'd be better off with a pet snake.

• 1 month ago

Bro are you a TWO YEAR OLD!?! NO!!! Chihuahuas are NOT low-energy, NEED to be walked a LOT, and they are NOT sensitive, or laid back! They are EXTREMELY poor with children, and NOT affectionate AT ALL. NEVER carry ANY dog in a pack EVER. So, other then the pound, a Chihuahua would be VERY bad for you!

Source(s): I'm a vet
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

You are better off with a pet snake. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.