Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What things do you do to distract yourself with after an audition? ?

After a self tape audition and here comes the hard part...the waiting to see if you got the part. What do you guys do? 🤔

• Cogito

All the actors I know just get on with their lives.

They carry on working at their day job, they enjoy their hobbies and their lives.  They keep looking for more auditions and opportunities.

As most actors will never hear back after an audition at all, and will not win 99 out of 100 of them, it's just part of the routine.

Right after any audition I’d write in my audition notebook what the audition was for, who were the people involved and how I felt about it - what I felt went well, what I could have done better.  Then I close the notebook and I’m done. I’d go on with my life and look for the next project.

Most of us have day jobs and or acting classes to go to. Most of us keep practicing and improving acting skills. For the serious, that's a full-time occupation that consumes all free time. There's no time to sit around worrying whether you got a part or not. It's always a case of getting ready for the next audition, and the next, and the next,etc, etc, etc. It never stops, even when you're currently in a production. You've got to change your ways if you take acting seriously 'cause those who work continuously and much harder than you apparently do are the ones who get the parts.