Why did Ebay ban the sale of Dr. Seuss books but not Hitlers book or the anarchist cookbook?

Not all his books, 6 of them. Do you morons read the news?? Ebay did indeed ban some of his books.

It didn't.  The publishers withdrew six of his books due to racial stereotyping and EBay ended up removing those six books to stop people profiting from offensive materials.  'Mein Kampf' is not currently wrapped up in newsworthy controversy and also all profits of its sales go to charities promoting diversity and ex-PoWs. It's also in the public domain.

The Anarchist Cookbook is circulated in "samizdat" -type format among groups wishing to use it.  It isn't going to make any difference to violent action by these groups if it's banned.

• Daisy

Only six books of Dr. Seuss ceased publication.  This was done at the request of the Seuss estate.  The rest of Dr. Seuss' books, including "The Cat in the Hat," and "How the Grinch Stole Christmas" are still selling.  Hitler's book has historical context to it- it outlined how he would take over the government in Germany and spelled out his plans to make Germany great again.  I am not familiar with the anarchist cookbook- there is some historical context to this book, too- published in 1971 (during the height of the Vietnam War protests and the Civil Rights Movement).

eBay bans very little and has Not banned Dr  Seuss

Ebay is afraid of being cancelled, it sees Dr. Seuss as a current controversy, and decides not to get involved. People are crazy these days, and ebay could really be harmed if it doesn't go along with Woke fads.  Not all Dr.Seuss books are banned; only the ones that are going out of print. Which is still pretty silly.

I have tried to read "Mein Kampf," but it was heavy going.  I guess Hitler was not as good at writing as he was at public speaking.  Anyway, if somebody made a big deal about it, it might well get banned from Ebay too.  I understand it is still pretty popular in Arab countries.

As for "Anarchist Cookbook," the author said that his reason for writing it was not to inform terrorists, who already know everything in it.  It is to warn the general population and give them information that could save their lives.  

Because Dr. Seuss's estate took them out of circulation.   Keep up with the news.  It's common knowledge. 

Even anarchists need help making a decent meal, and Rachael Ray isn't an anarchist.

They make money from QAnon supporters on Hitler's book.

I've had a copy of the Anarchist Cookbook for years, and once took the time to read Mein Kampf in Hitler's original German.  Lousy writing style, and the contents totally nuts.

Ebay did not ban the sale of Dr. Seuss books.

• Jesus

I don't know if in the future eBay is going to stop selling Dr Seuss books but right now eBay is loaded with plenty of Dr Seuss books for sale I just checked when I saw your question and it's loaded with Dr Seuss books

• Marli

Did Ebay? Could you show the url of the web page that said it did ban those 6 Dr Seuss books? 

Thanks, Rebel. I did not believe that the books could be banned from resale.  

Some  listings even say "Banned Book" and ask for at least $50 U.S.

I checked my library's catalogue for "And To Think That I Saw It On Mulberry Street"  68 holds for the book. Nearly 100 holds for the e-book. It's not been immediately pulled from circulation. 

Amazon.ca lists no price for it, so they may have pulled their copies or sharpers bought what was in stock to resell at a higher price.

Any thing that makes sense in this society is that nothing makes sense.