Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in Education & ReferenceWords & Wordplay · 2 months ago

What is the opposite of "thank you"?

What is the opposite of thank you, is there any phrase one could say to express "I actively do not appreciate this"

It's not "no thank you" because that's just a polite way to decline something while still letting the person know you appreciate the offer. What's something that would show your disappreciation? 

30 Answers

Relevance
  • zipper
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

DROP DIED! Can not any more opposite than that now can you?!

• 1 month ago

You could say: 'no thank YOU'. With a strong infelection on YOU.

Source(s): Native American English speaker.
  • 1 month ago

That would depend upon what you were appreciating or not - whichever the case.

If you had been invited out to someone's celebration party and didn't enjoy the evening, you would still be gracious and say, "I have never experienced an evening quite like this and I am not used to such loud music (or whatever it was that offended you) but thank you for all your effort on my behalf.  I have to admit that I wouldn't choose to accept a similar invite a second time, but nevertheless I certainly appreciated your thoughtfulness in including me in your celebrations."

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

spank you    

• 1 month ago

There isn't a way to express it in English and there's no one opposite.  To me the "opposite" of "thank you" would be "bitte sehr", i.e. what you say when you offer someone something.

• 1 month ago

''''WELCOME''''

• 2 months ago

You re welcome 

• garry
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

universal language , whats this sh#t comes to mind ..atleast you will be understood !!!

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

No, thank you. -----

• 2 months ago

You would have to break the relationship there is no polite way to say you don't appreciate someone and expect them to like you for without risk of becoming a foe.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.