Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Question about Royal Mail recorded signed for post?

I received a small parcel that was recorded and said 'signed for' on the label. But when the postman left it he just left it outside my door and didn't ask for a signature. Why was that?

7 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

that happened to me, its because of the pandemic, my postman put it on my doorstep, knocked on my door, then stood well back until he saw me open the door

• 1 month ago

Contrary to other answers, it means they postman LIED. While actually getting a signature may not be current policy, the system DOES provide to note they left to package at the door and watch someone retrieve the package. If they mark "signed for" without a signature, they LIED.

• 1 month ago

Because of the corona virus he cannot get that close to you!

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Rules changed because of Covid. Around here couriers will put the package on the doorstep, knock and step back. Then they take a snap of you at the door with the package.  That serves the same purpose.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Safety first, Package can be replaced, life cannot. 

• 1 month ago

Because in a pandemic, no-one is signing for anything to allow for social distancing. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Couriers generally aren't asking for signatures because it would breach the COVID social distancing requirement and there is a risk of virus being transmitted via the touchpad. My Royal Mail postman always knocks and makes sure I'm at home before leaving a parcel outside the door. Other delivery drivers aren't so reliable.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.