Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What type of box is a good substitute for the expensive comic book boxes?

I'm not interested in recommendations for comic book boxes.  

ANY used box of the correct size will safely hold comics for storage. I have used a variety of boxes over the years before buying the long boxes to take my collections to be sold at shows.

I mean, they're not THAT expensive, and they're perfectly tailor made for the purpose.  

Ideally the features you're looking for are dimensions and firmness.  But if the box is full, and the comics are bagged and boarded, they'll help the box retain shape, so firmness (aside from being strong enough to handle the weight) isn't that important.  

You don't want alot of unused space or your issues will slide around and bend and fold.

Long boxes aren't expensive, you can get them for $15 or less at your local comic store. But I mean if you have any random box laying around you can put them in there.