Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

I texted this guy happy birthday and he didn’t respond. I saw him 2 days later and i’m not sure what to take from his response...?

So i’m good friends with his sister. I’ve known him for about a year... we would see each other and say hi and bye mostly. But at his sister party 2 weeks ago, we actually had a decent convo for the first time. He asked me to hang, took my number (called me there and then so i’d have his), said he’d call to chat later but never did. 1 week later was his birthday... we had talked about it + his sister posted him all over social media, so i decided to text him to say happy birthday. 

Anyway, he didn’t respond. I then ran into him 2 days later at another one of his sisters parties & asked him if he received my birthday message. He said yes. Then i said, but you didn’t respond. And he said “i saw it the next day”.

I don’t get it? What am I supposed to take from this? He’s not interested? It’s not a big deal? Maybe he’s just a terrible texter? I dunno

2 Answers

Relevance
  • Dv8s
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

I don't think it's a big deal, because if I see a text from my daughter or best friend and it's been a day, to a week ago, I won't text them back.  If you really like this guy and want to be closer, tell him how you feel, if not don't expect too much, and leave it at that.

• g
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

He's not interested. If he were he'd have contacted you and at least acknowledged the HBD. Stop pushing for a response.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.