Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 1 month ago

Do extroverts ever feel sorry and odd about introverts?

Extroverts seem to get all nice things and have fruitful amazing life, like relationships, sex, romance, happiness, networking opportunities, attention, recognition, praise, solidarity and they get so many gifts from people they enjoy with.

But introverts are perceived as shy, awkward, eccentric, geeks, weird, not daring enough, self absorbed, somewhat arrogant, avoident, loners, timid and weak. Most of the time they do not get the nice things and opportunities as extroverts because they always hide in their comfort zones. I think they're remain losers and i also feel pity because introverts are an easy target against bullies.

They do not have enough friends to talk to, their reference group and standards are way higher so they often have serious adjustment problems. They suffer from depression more. They may have rich inner life and are smarter, but nobody actually cares. Social rule is not what you know but who you know counts'; introverts know almost no-one, extroverts have friends everywhere . 

I know about many introverts who are otherwise very intelligent, highly educated, nice and extremely well read but due to lack of social skills, they are still jobless or working in lowly trawlers or as a bin man. Most higher then average IQ people are introverts, but when comes to high income, social power, social success, getting nice things extroverts galore.

The real question is are extroverts much better people than introverts?

No one is better... I knew a guy in college who told everyone he felt sorry for me (me being an introvert). I stopped talking to him, I didn't need a friend like that plus other stuff. People typically always have an inner struggle and can project that struggle on other people. To be free of that struggle is actually simple, but that's not what we're talking about now. 

I'm an introvert. I feel sorry for extroverts. They are attention seekers. They only feel validated by outside sources. Your validation should come from within. Just like most introverts already know. I don't need anyone else's approval. I know who I am.

• ?

I believe that you are negatively stereotyping introverts as people who are shy, timid, loners, and have no life. This is a misconception and a generalization. 

An introvert is a person who can have excellent social skills and can be a highly effective person in society. They need a quiet place and solitude to unwind from stress-related issues from interacting and conversing with annoying extroverts. 

There are many extroverts who have personal issues in their life. They sometimes can become withdrawn, weak, vulnerable, insecure, lack confidence, low self-esteem, lack self-respect, suffer from personality disorders, have bad habits, and self-destructive addictions.

people missunderstand introverts ..they are simply just sort of the opposite to way out there people....

*Introversion is a personality trait characterized by a focus on internal feelings rather than on external sources of stimulation. Introverts and extroverts are often viewed in terms of two extreme opposites, but the truth is that most people lie somewhere in the middle.

While introverts make up an estimated 25 to 40 percent of the population, there are still many misconceptions about this personality type. It is also important to note that introversion is not the same thing as social anxiety or shyness. Being an introvert does not mean that you are socially anxious or shy.

Extroverts push to get the things they want, they reach out & grab what they want.  Extroverts are outgoing leaders, introverts don't have that within them.  They lack courage to stand up for what they want.

Extroverts & introverts are just different temperaments.  Extroverts exert & introverts internalize.

• ?

Well as an extremely extroverted person myself I will say this, introverts hold their own unique qualities that extroverts do not have. Life is all about balance and it’s important to recognize that extroverts have qualities that introverts lack, but also introverts have qualities that extroverts lack. That balance is what makes the world so beautiful. 

Number one. Introverts are amazing listeners. One quality I love about introverts is their ability to listen. I am someone who never shuts up & honestly find myself quite literally talking out every thought in my head even if it has no purpose or point. Introverts in my opinion make amazing friends because they are able to absorb information like a sponge. They take time to listen. 

Number two. Introverts are usually very creative Individuals. One of my closest friends is an introvert & I have always been jealous of the way she is able to create something out of nothing. She is an interior designer with amazing skill. She has the ability to think big & create. {which most introverts have}. My mind is literally incapable of this haha. If you gave me a blank sheet of paper.. I would sit there for hours wondering what to draw/do with it. When it comes to being creative.. that’s just not a talent I hold. 

Number 3. Although introverts usually have few friends, they hold long lasting meaningful friendships with those few who they do let in. For me that’s difficult because I hold many friendships but few of them are truly deep. I have a hard time getting attached to people & usually when I hangout with others it’s casual. 

Number 4. Introverts are great at computer/IT/desk jobs. With this digital age, a computer job is what you want to have. You can make big money with these sorts of jobs. I WISH i had the ability to sit still for hours at a desk because the digital business is truly what’s making the money right now. 

Number 5. Introverts are able to sit quietly with themselves. I am someone who loves yoga & with lots of practice have been doing mindful meditation, but it is still very hard for me. Introverts are able to do this naturally. They are content with simply sitting with themselves. I am someone who always needs constant stimulation. Literally always. If I’m not working there is 100% chance I am blasting music from literally the second I wake up until I go to bed. {my husband hates me}.  I’m always wanting to do things, it’s a challenge that i just can’t simply.. be still. In high school & college I was a major party girl, who truly just liked to have fun.. but you have to understand living that lifestyle might seem fun to introverts but it comes with a notorious reputation & made it hard to find a relationship & a guy who would take me serious. It’s hard for anybody to take someone who only ever wants to party & have fun serious, which is a struggle in itself trying to prove that you are more. Relationship wise it is also a struggle because my ideal date night would be group dates with other couples, whereas my husband rather just me & him. 

Number 6. Is extroverts couldn’t do it without y’all. Life is about teamwork. Everyone holds unique qualities that they bring to the table that others do not possess. Without introverts.. extroverts couldn’t survive. 

Instead of being sad about being an introvert, learn to embrace it. It’s ok to enjoy time by yourself and recharge that way. You are a special human, who was created just the way you are for a reason. Instead of knocking yourself, learn to embrace & point out the good qualities you do have. 

I’ve also noticed that again introverts truly do make the best of friends because I tend to notice whenever I’m with other extremely extroverted people {disclaimer though most of my bestfriends are extroverts}, it’s almost like they have so much to say & im not even listening bc I’m waiting to add on, or thinking about another story to tell. Introverts are just able to listen to me vent. Also as the very dramatic human being I am, sometimes I just need someone to bring me back to reality. Introverts are able to do this, where as most of my extroverted friends are just as dramatic as me. 

Us extroverts usually have a hard time regulating our emotions & usually end up over sharing, which is also a downfall. 

So to answer your questions no I do not ever feel sad or off about introverts. I think they are amazing people with a lot to bring to the table, the only difference we really share is that they recharge by being alone, whereas I recharge by being with others. 

Extrovert is basically someone who enjoys socializing with other people rather than being alone.  I don't know where the hell you get this definition of an extrovert cause it has nothing to do with being an extrovert . You can be even an extrovert even if you're  a loser who no one likes 

• ?

No, they envy them because extroverts cannot enjoy their own company. 

Introverts just prefer drama-free lives where they can focus on the small, everyday pleasures without being disturbed, or judged by aggressive extroverts.  They are also better at dealing with the problems of people other than themselves.    

• !

Despite everything extroverts seem to have, there is a certain quiet perfection in finding joy in solitude. Its not a bad thing to be everything you need to feel happy.