Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureReligion & Spirituality · 1 month ago

Why is god so imaginary?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • Paul
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If ten of my friends each tell me they know John Smith, then I, being a rational thinker, take that as clear evidence of John Smith's existence.  So, when hundreds of millions of intelligent people all tell me they know God and live in daily relationship and communication with Him, what am I gonna do? Tell them they are all imagining exactly the same thing, and look like an idiot?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

because he fictional character in made up stories?

• 1 month ago

You're begging the question, and I suspect you're intelligent enough to know that.  What does that say about your integrity?

You have no proof, no evidence, and no rational methodology by which people may know there is no God.  Rethink your delusional fantasy and experience God for yourself.  It's the logical thing to do.  Millions do so every year.  You should, too.

Don't bother moving the goalposts.  It's more evidence than you have to shore up your fantasy that there is no God.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

O Lord God You have made the heavens and the earth by your great power; nothing is to hard for you 18 you and loving and kind to thousands Jeremiah 32:17,

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

is He?

can you prove this?

i can prove God exists.

your life proves this as i type.

Source(s): 2Pe 3:3 Knowing this first, that there shall come in the last days scoffers, walking after their own lusts, (keep reading....)
  • 1 month ago

That's reality for things that people imagine exist, that don't exist.

• 1 month ago

Where would we be without imagination?! If someone stands on your foot, is the pain in your imagination? Or can you prove it to anyone? Can you see the love you have for your parents or partner, Mr Anonymous? 

"Seek and you shall find". Spiritual matters are rather deeper than what we get from our five senses. You have to make an effort if you want what is valuable.

• Bryce
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Ancient people wanted to think there was a god who favored them and would help them in their wars with other people.  That gave them a psychological, though totally bogus, advantage.

• 1 month ago

Because it's man made myth.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

If God is "so imaginary," it's because humankind so imagined and imagines Him.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.