Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

what's wrong with him?

Have been seeing this guy for awhile online but I found out he's been pretending to be others online. He's been claiming to have different names and to be of different ages on these profile pages of his. also I found out he was pretending to be a relative of his, when they were talking to me. What do I do? why would he do all of this? it's so bizarre. 

I mean, he showed a picture of himself and I've came across a profile page of his where he's claiming to have different names and be of different kinds of ages. It's VERY weird and creepy, he even claimed to be a girl even though I know he's a man (I've talked to them on the phone & already heard their voice). I'm just gonna block him

Favorite Answer

A question came up in another room just now asking why people hide behind different names etc. and I responded "to safeguard themselves from hurt" in not so many words, However, in your situation it's different. On a one to one basis, when you're supposed to be getting to know the real person what you say he's done up there is quite simply unforgivable in my book.

Deception when you are trying to get to know each other is beyond contemptible.

What should you do?  You should cut your loses and leave. The longer you stay and give him more chances to lie to you, the more hurt you will get.

I think blocking him is probably the right thing to do under those circumstances and I'm not usually someone who likes to see a relationship break apart. I just don't see how you can ever trust him.

• g

Have you met him? Are you physically dating or "dating online"? He may have serious problems with the truth and not even who you think he is. If have BIG problems with him toying with people that way.

• ?

You cannot SEE someone online.  No way to know if they are at all like their write, and it is so easy to lie.

What's wrong with him?  hard to say .. we would have to spend time with him in person in order to know who he really is. Actually, it is NOT that bizarre ... a LOT of people lie on the internet and other social media.  They can be whoever they want to pretend they are, and you cannot tell because you are not there in person to pick up the subtle cues that denote honesty.

What do you do?  Drop him.