Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

?
Lv 5
? asked in Politics & GovernmentPolitics · 1 month ago

Have Texas Republicans learned their lessons — to regulate winter proof upgrades on the power grid, or is it more deregulation for them?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Surely you know by now that Republicans always double-down on a failed policy, no matter how spectacular the failure. They'll try to distract by blaming the Democrats somehow, or howl that Dr. Suess, the eminent expert on children, is being censored.

Meanwhile, they'll try to convince people that having to break up and burn their furniture to keep from freezing to death, is a GOOD thing for society, and the patriotic thing to do. 

• 1 month ago

Texas is very warm and the experts told them to expect Global Warming with possible associated sea level rises.

What they actually got was cooling.

Maybe they should just stop believing "experts"?

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

They definitely have not learned. Texas is like a whole different country.

• 1 month ago

wait .......you are implying that republicans,   ( and Texan ones at that!)  are even remotely capable of LEARNING? 

You mean the same idiots that just announced you can stop wearing masks now, a day after it was discovered that EVERY single strain of Covid has now been confirmed in HOUSTON? 

You believe these people are capable of LEARNING? 

wow........does your balloon ever land? 

I would wager they haven't learned a thing, and blamed the freeze on cancer causing windmills. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Your retard state of CA has the worst power grid in the nation. In fact the wild fires your retard grid causes EVERY DAMN YEAR pollutes the clean air in my state. So do us all a favor, and pass some retard regulation to keep your filth on your side of the border.

Attachment image
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

No, they have not learned any lessons as this ignorant Texan proves.  But the voters have!  And they won't be voting for Republikarens and Trump toadies ever again!  Texas went blue when the lights went out.

Attachment image
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

They voted for Trump in 2016. And they voted for Trump AGAIN in 2020.

It therefore seems apparent that they are unable to learn anything.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I'm sure they figure the frozen wind turbines will just result in a much lower incidence of Windmill Cancer.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

More deregulation..because they will not vote in a responsible governor who will take the necessary steps to join the national government controlled grid..government is something they hate until they need it..they don't want to pay for it ahead of time..its a form of irresponsiblity, not facing their long term needs in return for current profits.

• 1 month ago

I'm not sure why they would impose such a regulation. According to the meth addicts in my home town, the failing power grid was caused by a Green New Deal that doesn't exist.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.