Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

George
Lv 4
George asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 month ago

Can  you get a refund from a plane ticket after the departure and arrive are completed?

6 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

As the others have mentioned, most tickets on commercial aircraft is non-refundable after purchase unless met with certain circumstances (ex. cancellation or COVID.)

But what do mean by "after departure and arrival is completed?" 

Source(s): Work part-time at an airport.
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Most tickets are non refundable under any circumstances , however a few airlines refund if it was due to covid

Definitely not after the departure date

• 1 month ago

Most likely not. Tickets are rarely refundable.

• 1 month ago

I did.  I had booked flights to Europe in June of 2020 through a third party agency.  When it became obvious in April that I wasn't going to be able to go due to covid, I called thee agency and they said to first cancel with the airline, then contact them, so that's what I did. These were non-refundable tickets.

When I cancelled with the airline, I was told I had a credit equal to the value of the flights, but to use the credits, I had to rebook through the agency.  When I called the agency, they got cute.  First, they claimed I didn't have a credit, but I had a confirmation number for it.  They said they'd get back to me.  After a month, nothing.  I would call and email, still nothing.  I'd pretty much written it off, then in September, the agency called me and said they could refund my money but I had to pay $100 per ticket, and the $100 couldn't be deducted from what I already paid.  I smelled scam, but I paid the $200.  A week later, I got a refund.  So of the $800 I paid for the tickets, I got $600 back.  Not perfect, but better than nothing. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Generally no... 

• 1 month ago

Not if you used the ticket, no.

Some tickets are non refundable, so if you don't use them, you have no money coming back.

Check with what kind of ticket you have, and what that airline's policies are.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.