George
George asked in TravelAir Travel · 1 month ago

Can  you get a refund from a plane ticket after the departure and arrive are completed?

As the others have mentioned, most tickets on commercial aircraft is non-refundable after purchase unless met with certain circumstances (ex. cancellation or COVID.)

But what do mean by "after departure and arrival is completed?" 

Source(s): Work part-time at an airport.
  • ?

Most tickets are non refundable under any circumstances , however a few airlines refund if it was due to covid

Definitely not after the departure date

Most likely not. Tickets are rarely refundable.

I did.  I had booked flights to Europe in June of 2020 through a third party agency.  When it became obvious in April that I wasn't going to be able to go due to covid, I called thee agency and they said to first cancel with the airline, then contact them, so that's what I did. These were non-refundable tickets.

When I cancelled with the airline, I was told I had a credit equal to the value of the flights, but to use the credits, I had to rebook through the agency.  When I called the agency, they got cute.  First, they claimed I didn't have a credit, but I had a confirmation number for it.  They said they'd get back to me.  After a month, nothing.  I would call and email, still nothing.  I'd pretty much written it off, then in September, the agency called me and said they could refund my money but I had to pay $100 per ticket, and the $100 couldn't be deducted from what I already paid.  I smelled scam, but I paid the $200.  A week later, I got a refund.  So of the $800 I paid for the tickets, I got $600 back.  Not perfect, but better than nothing. 

Generally no... 

Not if you used the ticket, no.

Some tickets are non refundable, so if you don't use them, you have no money coming back.

Check with what kind of ticket you have, and what that airline's policies are.