Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in PetsDogs · 1 month ago

Can I give my dogs raw chicken for breakfast on an empty stomach?

12 Answers

Relevance
  • TK
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Sure, I do.  It's called feeding a raw diet.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

troll adverticing 

• 1 month ago

Only give raw chicken if you actually raw feed all the time and then it would obviously be fine...  but then you'd know that if you were a raw feeder.

So if not then I'd say NO. 

• 1 month ago

I'd say no. Some regular dog food would be better on an empty stomach. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Feeding raw after fasting overnight may cause problems. Vomiting yellow bile would be a common reaction to feeding raw after the fast.

https://www.positively.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=1...

• Maxi
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you feed your dog a raw diet then raw chicken is totally fine to feed a dog as long as chicken is not the only raw you feed, you need to have a balanced raw diet........ however if you feed kibble then you really should not be mixing processed food with raw food as the dog digests kibble and raw very differently and all you will do is upset the dogs gut, could make the dog have stomach/gut issues which you will be clearing up

• Jojo
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Of course you `CAN`.......... But be advised.....Only if your dog is well used to eating a lot of raw meat.

To `suddenly` feed  a kibble fed dog with raw meat, may upset

the digestive system and cause acute diarrhea, and in some cases vomiting.

• jean
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

no one or no animal should eat raw chicken. Is can be poisionous

• 1 month ago

I wouldn’t. Dogs have been domesticated to eat cooked foods. 

It’s not going to kill you to cook it for him. Just boil some water and put the chicken in there for a few minutes. You can also put the chicken in a bowl, add some water, and microwave it until it’s cooked. 

Make sure you remove all the bones from the chicken. Otherwise, he might choke or get injured by a sharp bone. 

• Sky
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

If you're going to give them raw meat, stick to beef.  And make sure it's fresh and red, not aged and brown.  Whenever in doubt about whether you can or should feed your dogs something, ask their veterinarian, not strangers on the internet.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.