Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 month ago

Is it safe to live in your car at Walmart?

I heard cops can arrest you. Hmmm?

Apparently you haven't seen people at Walmart.

Take a closer look......

Terrible idea, you should try somewhere less obvious...

• Audrey

There's a man doing it at my Walmart. He parks in different spots every night. But yes, the police can arrest you if they want. Usually they will give you a fair warning first.

Yes, as long as it isn’t in an unsafe neighborhood also known as a neighborhood with a large black population 

If you have any money camping areas with water and toilets are about $7 a day but only for 3 weeks at a time . go to another one for three weeks and back .  Knowing the neighbor hood matters . I used to sleep in my tow truck in LA in some bad areas . Industrial and commercial areas are safest overnight .

How about contacting Walmart and getting an answer directly from them ?

Yes.

There are no restrictions. 

Walmart allows anyone to stay there. Even campers, trailers, etc.

They dont make you leave by morning. That is the city parks and other businesses. You cant stay overnight. But you can be there all day.

• ?

I doubt if they arrest people, but may ask you to move along. 

Where I live Walmart has agreed to allow homeless people to sleep in their cars in the parking lot after hours..it was in agreement with the city who provides police protection, outhouses, and water for them. They must leave every morning, though.

Most Walmarts let people stay there overnight, they are very well lit and usually patrolled by security. check with the Walmart first, not all allow it. like some in bad neighborhoods.