Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureOther - Society & Culture · 1 month ago

Is it safe to live in your car at Walmart?

I heard cops can arrest you. Hmmm?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

Apparently you haven't seen people at Walmart.

Take a closer look......

Attachment image
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Terrible idea, you should try somewhere less obvious...

• Audrey
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

There's a man doing it at my Walmart. He parks in different spots every night. But yes, the police can arrest you if they want. Usually they will give you a fair warning first.

• 1 month ago

Yes, as long as it isn’t in an unsafe neighborhood also known as a neighborhood with a large black population 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

If you have any money camping areas with water and toilets are about $7 a day but only for 3 weeks at a time . go to another one for three weeks and back .  Knowing the neighbor hood matters . I used to sleep in my tow truck in LA in some bad areas . Industrial and commercial areas are safest overnight .

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

How about contacting Walmart and getting an answer directly from them ?

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Yes.

There are no restrictions. 

Walmart allows anyone to stay there. Even campers, trailers, etc.

They dont make you leave by morning. That is the city parks and other businesses. You cant stay overnight. But you can be there all day.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I doubt if they arrest people, but may ask you to move along. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Where I live Walmart has agreed to allow homeless people to sleep in their cars in the parking lot after hours..it was in agreement with the city who provides police protection, outhouses, and water for them. They must leave every morning, though.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Most Walmarts let people stay there overnight, they are very well lit and usually patrolled by security. check with the Walmart first, not all allow it. like some in bad neighborhoods. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.