Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous

Creepy neighbour- should I call the cops?

My neighbor has recently moved in 2 weeks ago, he seems friendly but intimidating because he’s very bulky and tall. Almost every night I can hear him screaming at the top of his lungs, not saying anything, just screaming and I can hear glass being smashed. He lives alone. Tonight when I came home from work I couldn’t find my dog, looked in the backyard and my neighbour is standing there holding my dog very tight and said he was playing with him. I was too scared to say a word, I grabbed my dog and went back in the house while he jumped over the fence into his backyard.

I’m terrified. Do I call the police?! Can they even do anything about this?? 

Update:

He jumped over the fence, into my back yard 

6 Answers

Relevance
  • donnie
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Call the non emergency number if this is not a emergency. But yes call them 

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

You could contact the police and tell them it may be perfectly innocent, but ask if they would keep an eye on the situation 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I would be at the Police Station now.  How did he get your dog?  Is your dog outside and unsupervised while you're at work?  Maybe he works for the SPCA and they've received a call about your neglect.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Maybe you should get to know him

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

You could call the police to keep a look out on the guy. Also it would be better to set up a CCTV around your home.

• 1 month ago

Is it possible he was just playing with your dog or was he clearly crossing a line?

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.