Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureLanguages · 1 month ago

Is latin a beautiful language?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • 1 month ago

I don't find it beautiful

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It's very complicated!

• 1 month ago

We all have different ideas about what "beautiful" means, and I don't think I would say "Latin is a beautiful language" just like that. But I've read a lot of beautiful passages in Latin prose and poetry.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I liked Latin enough to study it for two years, but I wouldn't call it beautiful.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

“dominus vobiscum” “fiat lux” “carpe diem " "sine qua non"

Yeah Latin sounds nice .

• 1 month ago

You can find beautiful writing in any language. Look at all the books that were translated in hundreds of languages : Andersen's Fairy Tales, Alice's Adventures in Wonderland, Pilgrim's Progress, The Little Prince, The Adventures of Pinocchio, ... 

• Zirp
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

de gustibus non disputandum est     - there's no arguing about taste

or "beauty is in the eye of the beholder"

I like classical Latin a lot better than ecclesiastical (church-) Latin.

The real problem with Latin is that it's a dead language: no new words can be added to it.  It doesn't even have words for yes, no, cellphone or mayonaise.

• 1 month ago

Personally I don't think so ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

• Elaine
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Having studied Latin I am biased in thinking it's a great language.  I love the sounds of the language especially the  4th declension endings as there is something forceful about them. Even the verb endings have a rhythm .  Do you remember the old Mickey Mouse Club song: Mic key Mou see?  It's an easy way to remember Latin verb endings: o, s t, mus, tis, nt .

• 1 month ago

i think any language is beautiful

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.