Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

I lied about my job to a woman and now she's upset with me. How can I win her trust back?

I told this woman, Nicole, that I'm a pre-law student and that I work as an intern for a local firm.

I did it to impress Nicole. 

Nicole is a very successful student and pre-med. 

Meanwhile I have two years of college under my belt and just do doordash.

Nicole eventually figured out I was a liar and she said she's heavily considering ending our friendship. 

Nicole still speaks to me but only when she has to. She clicked with a couple of my close female friends and so I still see her every now and then. 

• Carmen

Hello concerned one as you probably know by now honesty is always the best policy always be yourself if they doesn’t work move on give it time and pray she forgives you. 

I normal woman is never impressed with lies.  Best to come clean with a very believable apology.  Let her know that insecurity and immaturity took the better of you and you regretted it and felt foolish right after saying it.  ....hope she understands and not judge you.

Don't do it again.