Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsFriends · 2 months ago

Do you think the Museum of Ice Cream in NYC is a good idea for a 21st birthday?

I turn 21 this June. All my friends will either be under 21 or they don’t like drinking. I only have two other friends who are willing to go out at all because of the pandemic. Here’s the  thing. I have slight autism(I really don’t think I have it, but somehow I was diagnosed with it as a kid), and most of the friends I happen to make are autistic, even in my non-selective college. I’m like the only “autistic” who wants to go to a bars and clubs and drink. I’m so sad I’ll never get to do that even if they reopen by the time I’m 21, because I have no friends who will do that. If I go to the Museum of Ice Cream, will my 21st birthday look childish? I mean, they do have a bar, which I don’t think you have to drink alcohol at. My two friends who will most likely be going are over 21, but they don’t drink alcohol. 

• Audrey

It does sound childish, but it's your birthday, if that's what you want, go for it! Enjoy!

I would choose a grown-up place to celebrate your adulthood. A "gourmet burgers" restaurant is ideal for mixed ages and you can have your ceremonial first drink among all your friends, then figure out what to do afterwards.