Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Joining the 10th mountain! I know it’s cold, but what else can people who’ve been there tell me? Looking forward to the opportunity ?

8 Answers

Relevance
  • hamel5
    Lv 7
    1 month ago
    Favorite Answer

Two standing orders - One, take good care of your feet. Two, try not to do anything stupid, like gettin' yourself killed. 

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

There was this one hill in the neighborhood that I always thought was the fuggin Duquesne Incline as a kid but when I go back and look at it as an adult it's relatively flat and not as steep and mountainous as I always remembered it being.  Weird.

Attachment image
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Jeeper clearly doesn't know what he's talking about. Ft. Drum is on the opposite side of the state from Buffalo. It's a 3.5-4 hour drive from Buffalo. It's in the northern tier -- eastern side of the state and WAY up north. 

• 1 month ago

You don't 'join' them.

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Ft. Drum is far from any mountains.  In fact, it is pretty flat around there.  An odd place for a "Mountain" division in my opinion!  That part of NY State is pretty quiet,  and close to Canada, so you can easily make trips there, once the borders reopen.

• 1 month ago

its just a light infantry unit, has nothing go do with mountians, its c;lose to buffalo.

the local town, watertown is a typical military town.

they are still trying to live down their first deploy,ment to afganistan, wherfe they percfomed very bad

• 1 month ago

Be in shape and be serious about training. Your life depends on it.

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Arctic conditions has been known to make people tough. Afghanistan has a lot of mountains. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.