How do I deal with this situation? ?

So, I'm a female (probably useless info there) and my dad is a very hard person to deal with. In the past when I used to initiate conversation with him, he used to give me attitude, start lecturing me and giving me backhanded compliments during a normal conversation. He would also continuously bring up my sister during a normal convo and it would head towards her ALL the time no matter the conversation piece etc... And sometimes he would lure me into a false sense of security and then out of nowhere the horribleness would appear. 

Now I've realised the pattern, I've started to not talk to him as much anymore etc... And I've started to stand up for myself and give more 'attitude' I guess. 

So recently, he came in my bedroom and had a go at me for how disrespectfully I've been treating him and that I'm so bad etc, and how I behave like I'm a 10 year old. He started giving me this lecture when I wouldn't allow him to re arrange my bedroom. Also, he threatened to kick me out the house of I disrespect him again. 

Does anyone understand what's up with him and how to generally deal with a situation like this? It's annoying and I hate it, I cry all the time over this and being treated so terribly. Anyone understand why someone would treat their daughter this way and how to deal with it? 5 stars to a good answer :) thank you 

maybe you can move out if youre lucky enough to be over 18

Yes many of us go through this with fathers.   You cant win generally. Try not to cry though. Perhaps fathers are going through a lot and with everything so confusing. Dealing with him might be where you are making your mistake. Its listening and trying to find common ground. We think we are grown long before we even know what we are doing. Not saying you are wrong. But neither is he. Good luck and God speed.