Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Jean asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

Why did my Marie Callenders Pot Pie catch fire in my microwave?

I followed the directions exactly.  Not the first one I have cooked.  5 minutes later smelled smoke and pulled the turntable out.  Fire kept re-igniting.  Con Agra Foods wont do anything. Could catch your house on fire.

Attachment image

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

It caught fire because you didn't take it out of the tin foil pan. Or read the directions, apparently. 

• Audrey
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

Please read the directions next time. You have to take it out of the foil pan to cook it in the microwave.

• ?
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

Keep trying until it does burn your house down. Then you can sue Marie Callender for it.

• kswck2
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

It caught fire because you didn't take it out of the tin foil pan. Or read the directions, apparently. 

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Looks like it was in a foil dish. You're not supposed to put metal in a microwave. Now you know why.

• denise
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

This may be a silly question ;-  Was it still in the foil tray??

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

Do you think we have crystal balls in YA land? Metal and Microwaves don't mix well - nuff said. Call the FDA if you have complaints 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.