Jean asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

Why did my Marie Callenders Pot Pie catch fire in my microwave?

I followed the directions exactly.  Not the first one I have cooked.  5 minutes later smelled smoke and pulled the turntable out.  Fire kept re-igniting.  Con Agra Foods wont do anything. Could catch your house on fire.

It caught fire because you didn't take it out of the tin foil pan. Or read the directions, apparently. 

• Audrey

Please read the directions next time. You have to take it out of the foil pan to cook it in the microwave.

• ?

Keep trying until it does burn your house down. Then you can sue Marie Callender for it.

• kswck2

Looks like it was in a foil dish. You're not supposed to put metal in a microwave. Now you know why.

• denise

This may be a silly question ;-  Was it still in the foil tray??

Do you think we have crystal balls in YA land? Metal and Microwaves don't mix well - nuff said. Call the FDA if you have complaints