Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Social SciencePsychology · 2 months ago

What are your reasons to keep living?

I have not been feeling great about my life and I want to know what makes other people's lives worth living.

• ?
    Favorite Answer

Well honestly what keeps me alive is hope. Hope for the future. The great thing about this life is that each and everyday is a fresh slate to start over again. Everyday you get a new chance at life filled with new opportunity to do good, be good, help someone, inspire someone or love someone. A new day to be who you want to be & Chase your dreams. 

I think that’s honestly what keeps me so full of joy through life. 

• Beer and Beethoven 

I'd like to say, "the joy of helping others," and the fact is that this is part of the answer. I do get satisfaction from that. But there are other things - taking care of my mental and physical health, and entertainment: beautiful music and movies. A Buddhist monk named Thich Nhat Hanh shows people at his meditation center how to enjoy a cup of tea for one hour. I'm one of those people who meditates and use mindfulness in daily life.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wqEM_jlDRZI

• ?

cause god wants me to

I'm old so I may as well stick around longer.