Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsSingles & Dating · 1 month ago

Why don't I want to kiss?

I am an 18-year-old girl, and I started dating someone about 2 months ago (my first boyfriend). Why do I not want to kiss? It's not that I don't want to kiss HIM, I don't want to kiss in general. I have no idea why, but it's been really bothering me and it's always on my mind when we hang out. I'm constantly thinking why don't I want to kiss? Help?!

• donnie

Because you don't want to kiss. There is not anything wrong with that. It does not mean you like him any less. Maybe after a while of being with someone you will want to

It’s hard to give you advice because you didn’t say WHY you don’t like kissing. I don’t know if you’re a germaphobe, or if you don’t like sharing spit, or if you feel uncomfortable with your face that close to his, or if one of you is just a bad kisser. Most teenagers are bad kissers and like to slobber all over you. It’s hard to imagine a relationship where you never kiss though. 

I’ve always kissed my boyfriends, but I don’t really like using a lot of tongue. I usually just gave a soft peck on the lips. The only time I really make out with a guy is when we’re about to have sex. I tend to get a bit weirded out when I’m just casually kissing a guy and he sticks his tongue in my mouth. If it’s just a casual hello/goodbye kiss, I just use my lips. If I’m French kissing and swapping spit, it’s usually leading to something more. Even then, I’m not a huge fan of making out. Most of the guys I’ve slept with I’ve never kissed at all. I tend to kiss guys I actually like, and not kiss guys I have no feelings for. I’m also a bit self conscious about having bad breath. I like to brush my teeth first. Also, a lot of people are terrible kissers. They sometimes use way too much tongue. I don’t want a guy to jam his tongue in my mouth and start slobbering all around in there. I don’t wanna drink his drool. 

I don’t know what your reason is for not kissing. I don’t know if you just don’t like it, or if the whole idea makes you uncomfortable, or if you’re just afraid. But I suggest you have a conversation with him about it. If you don’t, he will probably take it as rejection. Most people would feel rejected if their gf didn’t ever wanna kiss. If you don’t want him to take it personally, you have to make sure he knows you just don’t like to kiss in general. Find another way to show affection. Hugging, kissing on the cheek, holding hands, or even a playful slap on the âss can be good ways to show affection. When you’re fooling around, there’s plenty of other ways to get in the mood. Just make sure he knows what you like and dislike, and that it’s a personal preference that doesn’t reflect your feelings about him. Then you guys will find your own ways to casually show affection. You may also come to enjoy kissing him. He’s your first real bf, so maybe you just felt uncomfortable kissing in the past because you weren’t really into the guys. Kissing can be a very personal thing. This is why I don’t usually kiss guys I’m just banging for fun. Just figure out what it is you don’t like doing, and make sure he knows what you’re comfortable with and what you’re not. 

Cause u don't. Feel like it

• Ron

I don't know? Do you think it is gross? Saliva, halitosis? That it makes you feel vulnerable? That it is associated with something you don't like?