Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in HealthGeneral Health CarePain & Pain Management · 2 months ago

Worried of a possible DVT misdiagnosis? ?

Hello everyone. Firstly I’ll like to say that I have not been confirmed of having a DVT. I am simply here looking for people who may have had similar experiences. It started on 2/10, I had this pain below my calf, the kind of pain that you feel when you have a sore muscle and try to stretch. The pain would be present when I’d be walking, once I sat down or laid down I would not feel the pain. It seemingly went away for the 3 weeks after that, at the same time I was going through Covid. Anyways, 3/3 comes around and I wake up feeling fine. As I start walking around and going about my day I start feeling the same pain. This time though I also felt pain to the side of my knee, more towars the back. When I try to straighten my leg I’ll feel the ache and when I’m walking around I also feel the ache. I went in on 3/4 to the ER in fear of a blood clot. They did an ultrasound and said that everything was clear and dismissed me sayign it’s possibly cramps. Being that there was no definitive reason for my symptoms I’m still very worried. It’s now 3/5 and I still feel the pain. When I lay down and try to elevate my leg a bit it does relieve the pain, somewhat. However as soon as I start walking around the pain follows. It seems to go from my knee to right where the Achilles is. Does anyone know what other steps I can take to try to figure this out? I’m really worried I might have been misdiagnosed

Have you increased your fluid intake?

Eaten/drank extra calcium, potassium, and magnesium.

Have you massaged the area and used a muscle relaxer?

jumping to a blot clot is a pretty far reach.

You see clots on the ultrasound, so negative is negative for the time it was done. Seek follow up medical care, your doc