Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

What are the side effects of bleach fumes and would it be ok to sleep in a room with them?

By this is mean that I poured bleach along the top and sides of my door frame to stop roaches crawling through my door into my room but there was a significant amount, it isn’t like I cleaned with it I just poured it all over my door so there is no way it will dry out. I have my window open but it’s an attic bedroom so I can’t keep it open all nigjt as bugs will get in. Will it be ok to sleep in this room? I don’t really have a choice to sleep else where.

Here is a site that explains many factors and how long it lasts---------------------

enviroklenxairpurifiers.com/how-long-does-bleach-fumes-last-in-the-air/

Rather than bleach, buy some orthoboric acid.  It looks like salt.  Roaches eat it, and it cuts up their insides so they die.  They also transport it to their nests, so it gets spread around.  It isn't toxic to animal or people, doesn't smell, and is very effective. It's also cheap. 

• y

With what you have done, I would not be sleeping in there. It needs to be well ventilated, the smell almost gone, before you do. 

Put a screen, cloth or something over the window entrance for the night, so no bugs can get in but air can still flow through.

the fumes can dry up your throat and cause irritation and what you eat will taste like bleach