Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

?
? asked in Politics & GovernmentLaw & Ethics · 2 months ago

Mum driving with no licence and social services called reporting my son in car with her? ?

I received an email today from “

Early Intervention and Prevention Officer (IIAA) 

Child and Family, Social Services”.

asking if I could call her back on a number. It was an email from my local council. I rang and a girl answered and explained to me that someone has reported my mother driving with no license with my son in her car.I have lived in London for years and recently went through a break up so moved back home in with mum. When I left to London my mum was not driving and had not passed her test. When I came back 3 months ago she had a car and she told me she had passed her test. (We hardly speak as we don’t get on so she never told me when I was in London.) As I work she’s been taking my son to school most mornings in the car.This woman said she’s calling me to give me a heads up not to allow my son in the car with her & spoke to my 2 sisters who have kids.I spoke mum and she denied it then finally admit it. I am in shock. Shortly after I got another phone call from her saying she’s spoke to her supervisor and he isn’t happy to close the case as he wanted her to speak to us again regarding how serious it is & wanted to make sure I would not allow it again and it’s my responsibility if my son is in the car with her again. She asked if she could let my sons school know just so they can keep an eye out what car my son gets in or out of to make sure it isn’t hers. It won’t happen again. But what will happen now? I’m stressed over this I had no idea! Nobody had an idea! 

Yep Andre.. I know exactly that. But she lied to everyone and said she passed her test. So yeah...

Steven F. Do you want me to send you the email? Why does everyone assume everyone is a liar these days? Ridiculous 

100% not a wind up. Jesus Christ! 

• Tavy
    Favorite Answer

I'm in the U.K. and find this odd. So why were the police not informed as driving with no licence is a crime. She should have been arrested. You have done nothing wrong, we don't check people's licences if we get a lift in a car. So they are happy to let her keep driving without doing anything.  This department is the police not the council.

Are you sure this is not a wind up?

I received an email today from “

Child and Family, Social Services”.

I don't know how this particular scam works. I can  ABSOLUTELY GUARANTEE you DID NOT receive and e-mail from any such agency.

LEGALLY it is YOUR responsibility to ensure your child is safe.  That would have involved checking on whether or not your mother had a drivers license.  I know how ridiculous that sounds, but it IS your responsibility.  I'm confused how/why you are living with your mother when you don't get along and you barely speak to each other.  If you KNOW she isn't trustworthy, why does she have access to your child.

might be your Mum needs a caution from the local police ... if you ask them, they'll likely do it

This makes it YOUR responsibility to make sure that your child does NOT EVER get into a car with your criminal and unlicensed mother.

#ParentalResponsibility