Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Am i supposed to file taxes?

I am 21 years old, and I go to college and receive financial aid grants. I never had a job before as well. I just got a 1098-T form in the mail. Am i supposed to file taxes? what am i supposed to do with this form?

1 Answer

  • ?
    Lv 7
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

    It's a form that shows your college tuition and any scholarships received.  If you are a dependent, give the form to your parents. They may be able to use it to claim an education credit.  If you are no longer a dependent, you may be able to use it on your return.  Read IRS Publication 970 for more information.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.