Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetOther - Computers · 1 month ago

Windows 8 goes into repair mode and then turns off?

Originally it told me I should replace the battery so I did. Now it does still go into repair mode right away without that message but it still turns off while in the middle of repair. How do I fix this?

I is a laptop.

• ?

sounds like a problem with the hard drive. i would run chkdsk in repair mode with recovery option to fix it, then try to start Windows normally.

if it won't, then you will need to reinstall Windows.

I assume you fitted the battery with correct polarity and it's exactly the same type and voltage as the original? I know it's an oldie but try turning the machine on and off again. Switch it off on the switch next to the incoming power cable and wait ten minutes. This makes sure all memory is dumped and it should boot cleanly from scratch.