Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Computers & InternetOther - Computers · 1 month ago

Windows 8 goes into repair mode and then turns off?

Originally it told me I should replace the battery so I did. Now it does still go into repair mode right away without that message but it still turns off while in the middle of repair. How do I fix this?

Update:

I is a laptop.

2 Answers

Relevance
  • ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

sounds like a problem with the hard drive. i would run chkdsk in repair mode with recovery option to fix it, then try to start Windows normally.

if it won't, then you will need to reinstall Windows.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

I assume you fitted the battery with correct polarity and it's exactly the same type and voltage as the original? I know it's an oldie but try turning the machine on and off again. Switch it off on the switch next to the incoming power cable and wait ten minutes. This makes sure all memory is dumped and it should boot cleanly from scratch. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.