Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Society & CultureHolidaysRamadan · 1 month ago

Should you attend a church wedding if you are a Muslim?

A good friend is getting married and he invited me. It's just by courtesy that I would attend. I do not support christianity and I will never stand behind it. 

Respecting the faith of others is also part of Sunnah therefore there is nothing wrong with it.

As long as you are on your tawheed, and you believe that Allah is the only lord, then it should be fine.

• Short

Attending such a service is acceptable but beware of joining in the litany  Jeshua ben Joseph (PBUH) was one of the Prophets but Mohammed (BOGAPBUH) is the LAST Prophet . It is a matter of common sense and conscience .

• It is nothing wrong with it, as long as you do not engage into haram stuff.

I don't see a significant problem with that and agree with Mintee. The Prophet Muhammad (saw) apparently spent an enjoyable while with the monks of St Catherine's as I recall. He would not have joined with them in any of their acts of worship but He was, by the possible account given in the Qur'an at about the same time He is alleged to have stayed there, impressed with their humility and respect for others and I believe that being in a Christian Church or monastery is not so bad as long as you don't get involved with any acts of worship there. 

• Mintee

going and supporting a marriage is no threat to Islam whatsoever... you dont have to pray to Jesus when the preacher does.. just say under your breath.. " May Allah bless and guide their marriage"... thats what I always do

It's an invitation to a wedding. Not an invitation to convert. A church is just building. You don't have to be a christian to go to it. The same way that if you go to a museum, you don't have to be a dinosaur. 

Sure, just the same as a Christian should be able to attend yours.  Being of a different faith does not mean we cannot share each other's joys!

- Theologian

A church wedding is not a religious service. You don’t have to believe in Christianity. A wedding is a celebration of your friend’s marriage. Obviously they believe in the Christian faith, so you should just be a good friend and show up for them. Nobody is forcing you to believe in their religion or pray. They are just inviting you to join in their special day. The minister will likely read a passage from the Bible, and maybe say a short prayer or blessing before the couple recites their vows. Just be quiet and respectful. It’s about the bride and groom, not you. I’m an atheist, and I have no problem attending a Christian wedding. I go because I want to support the couple. It’s about what THEY believe. I just sit quietly, and respect that the church may be important to them. Nobody attends weddings because they want to go to church. They go because it’s important to the couple. If you go to the wedding, you must be respectful of their religion and their church. If you can’t do that, don’t go. The church part usually only lasts a short time. Once the ceremony begins, it should be over in maybe 20 minutes. After that, it’s just a party. 

If you're so anti-Christian that you wouldn't attend a wedding in a church, just get the F out.

• ?

no U SHOULD NOT since u prefer the fake moon god

TRUE GOD IS JESUS!!