Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Home & GardenGarden & Landscape · 2 months ago

If a poor kid knocked on your door and offered to cut your grass with scissors ✂ for $5 dollars, would you let him?

Update:

Why or why not?

10 Answers

Relevance
  • Jesus
    Lv 5
    2 months ago
    Favorite Answer

No! I would give him a plastic bag and send him to the side of my house where the grass becomes pavement and let him walk down side of my yard in the grass and pick up the paper the paper plates the tin cans and the beer bottles and put it in a plastic bag. 

It's about an hour's worth of work and when he was done I would give him a $20 bill

• ?
    Lv 7
    1 month ago

I would tell him to come back when he has a lawnmower or a weedeater.

• jean
    Lv 4
    2 months ago

one day my father was cutting the grass with scissors and a neighbour had a go at him.

• 2 months ago

I would just give him the $5 dollars but I will not let him cut the grass or enter my home. he can take the money as a donation :)

• ?
    Lv 6
    2 months ago

I am letting my yard go back to nature keeping in line with Prairie Oaks Parks. Honeybees need wild flowers for good health. I'll pay the poor kid $10 per hour to seed my yard with wild flowers, wild flower seed can be bought on the internet. My yard is 80+ acres and the poor kid will have a monumental task. 

• T C
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

If his name was Edward .....absolutely 

• 2 months ago

No. My grass doesn't need cutting, and I don't trust strangers. IF I was feeling generous then maybe I would just give him the money without making him earn it

• Cathy
    Lv 7
    2 months ago

No, I'd tell him it needs a lawnmower, because it does.

• Anonymous
    2 months ago

I'd be weireded out that he offers money to do that.

• 2 months ago

No, because he'd kill himself (my yard is huge).   He would be working until 2023.   It wouldn't make any sense.

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.