Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Entertainment & MusicPolls & Surveys · 2 months ago

I feel embarrassed by my 30 year old boyfriends online presence, is it justified?

I'm 34 and he's 30

He's obsessed with gaming and tends to be quite immature. 

He posts things like "made asparagus for dinner, ready for some good old smelly pee"

"Drank a coffee and can't stop pooping"

and he made a social media profile for our pets.

I get that some people like to have fun and be silly but the stuff he posts is stuff I'd expect a teenager or early 20 something to post. 

I wouldn't care if he wasn't linked to me on social media. I actually deleted all of my profiles because it's embarrassing when another grown adult clicks on my 30 year old boyfriends pet instagram, gaming instagram or see's him posting about the smell of his pee.

I've never dated anyone who does stuff like this before. I've been with him for a year and a half but I feel increasingly uncomfortable with his childish posts. It's better to say nothing at all then to post on twitter about asparagus and pee and pooping from cofffee, it's disgusting, people don't need to know that.

you could dump him and block him

He is on his way to a psychological problem which I've described below.  My question is why he's your bf.  Are you desperate for male attention?  He would be long gone from my life.  But here's the issue with posts like this:   Coprophilia is a sexual fetish causing sexual arousal - people become sexually aroused when they come into contact with feces. The THOUGHT of feces, imagining situations involving feces, both sexually arouse the person. Coprophilia is the enjoyment of the smell, taste, or feel of feces in a sexual way. The feeling can be either through touching the skin or through rubbing the penis head against feces. Enjoyment can also be made from the feeling of feces passing through the anus.  Eating feces is also known as coprophagia.  It is not uncommon for men who cannot otherwise obtain or maintain an erection to be obsessed with feces, for feces to help them in their sex lives by allowing them to become aroused and able to perform. Women, likewise, often fantasize about feces in order to become aroused.  These people are very often child molesters.  The people who fantasize about feces WHEN children or pets are involved are sex offenders or are leaning toward beastility."

• Ron

Well, he has a gross and scatological sense of humour. If this is a deal breaker for you, then break the deal. End it. If it is not a deal breaker, try to think about things you do like about him. 

So you're 34, and you need to go online and ask random strangers on the internet to tell you whether it's justified for you to be embarrassed by your boyfriend's online behavior. Do I have that right? I wonder, do you see the irony here?

• Robert

OK...so it took you a year and a half to realize you've made a mistake. He's immature and it was probably more of a physical attraction than a mental connection that put you two together.  So now it's out of your system and you can grow up and move on.  Tell him of your concerns and ask how he would like to fix things. His answer to tell you exactly what you need to do.  I'm guessing you already know, but when he shoots all the blame back on you, you will know it's time to move out and move on.  Good luck

• bubula

His on-line personality is "out there" for others to see and to associate with you. His gaming, done privately or with friends, doesn't reflect badly on you. The general immaturity--sounds like you somehow convinced yourself you could live with that, perhaps because that too is largely private. So what it comes down to, hon, is this is somebody you find acceptable as long as nobody knows he's your choice, and unacceptable when they do. Figure out why you made such a choice in the first place--it may be that you weren't looking to settle down with a mature mate but increasingly, you are.

Best of luck.

He has a silly personally, don't try to contain that. I get the embarrassment from the linked profiles but that is your partner. If you ask me he just sounds silly not immature,  and another women would love that characteristic. If you're so unhappy then maybe its time to end things, many couples have more serious problems than each others personality.