is it okay to not invite my family to my wedding?

Is it? I only want my future husband's family at our wedding

Well, they never call and visit. They don't even say "I love you" to me, so there's no point in it.

Maybe I'll include some, I don't really know yet. I was really upset when I asked this question

Favorite Answer

sure it is ok. its your wedding and your decision

• Trish

Yes it's ok to not invite them to the wedding if you're prepared for what them to be very upset with you.  I was going to invite my family to the engagement party only to tell them they are not invited to the wedding and they are no longer welcome in my life I have a new family now.  I have since been thinking of inviting them to everything but I want to seat them far away from me.  I still don't want my father to walk me down the aisle or even attend.  My family all moved to different states and it seems better we keep our distance from one another.  I lived in the same state with two of my sister's for ten years and even though it was fifteen years ago I have not gotten over the hurt and pain but time does heal wound and now that I am getting close to sixty I realize life is too short to hold onto things that should be resolved easily with a simple apology and commit to not cross the line again...but I suppose that's why we all went out separate ways stuff happens and never gets resolved...I started to accept it by keeping my distance again but now I'm living with one of my sisters so I mostly walk on eggshells and bite my tongue I think she does sometimes but at this age we are happy to have each other with so many friends and family dying at our age.  I wish I could say I become estranged from them and it worked but it only lasted eight years and I was back in touch after trying so hard to stop them from having any part in my life.  You may want to only invite parents and siblings or uncles and aunts someone you're on good terms with.  I'll have to hold back the resentment for a few hours and be glad they're gone once they leave so I can get back to loving them despite their faults...and what's worse they may feel similar towards me.  Good Luck and God Bless and congratulations.

it's a little odd. if you don't want your family there, i'd suggest you just go to the court house then.

Is it okay? Okay with whom?

Your wedding, your choice. I assume you have a very good reason for leaving your family out of it. If you don't, it will likely haunt you for the rest of your life.