My laptop Bluetooth cannot connect to speaker?

Product: HP Laptop 15-Dy1xxx

Operating System: Microsoft Windows 10 (64-Bit)

I want to connect this device to my Amazon Echo Dot and use it as a speaker. The problem is that the laptop cannot connect to Bluetooth at all. I click Settings, then Bluetooth & other devices, then Add Bluetooth or other device. It says, "Couldn't connect." My drivers in Device Manager are all updated, and there is nothing wrong with the Echo Dot itself. How can I fix my Bluetooth on my laptop so that it can connect to Bluetooth devices?

• ?

um, that's not how Dot works. it isn't a bluetooth speaker. it is a smart speaker, that has bluetooth capabilities.

i realize that this is a nuance, but it is an important distinction to make. you can connect your PHONE to it, but not just random bluetooth objects.you should read the manual, and it will tell you what it can do...

your laptop is (probably) working fine. Dot is NOT a portable bluetooth speaker. you can connect a bluetooth speaker TO IT. why would you need to do that if it were a bluetooth speaker itself?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/help/customer/display.ht...

The problem is that you haven't put your Echo Dot in pairing mode yet. Download the Alexa app, find your Echo Dot and put it in paring mode. You should then be able to see it in your bluetooth devices settings on your laptop.