Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 1 month ago

The Metallica song "Master of Puppets" uses language which implies an outdated and culturally inappropriate power exchange. Can we cancel it?

The word "Master" implies that one human being has an inappropriate amount of control over another. The word also conjures images of slavery and sexual aggression. 

This is simply not acceptable in the year 2021. Can we please cancel this song? Or at least change the name to "Friendship Among Puppets?"

7 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Cancel a Metallica song?? Get this fool out of here!

• 1 month ago

Uh......then what would you call a collegiate "Masters Degree"?

• PANKO
    Lv 6
    1 month ago

End of passion play, crumbling away

I'm your source of self-destruction

Veins that pump with fear, sucking darkest clear

Leading on your death's construction

Taste me you will see

More is all you need

You're dedicated to

How I'm killing you

Come crawling fasterObey your masterYour life burns fasterObey your masterMasterMaster of puppets I'm pulling your stringsTwisting your mind and smashing your dreamsBlinded by me, you can't see a thingJust call my name, 'cause I'll hear you screamMasterMasterJust call my name, 'cause I'll hear you screamMasterMaster

• 1 month ago

And by "cancel"  you mean "just not listen to some old timey band which quite frankly peaked in mid-eighties."

Or do you mean "quit using it to sell minivans to balding guys who pretend they're off-roading rather than car pooling."

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • 1 month ago

Just call my name and I'll hear you scream.

• X
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

Metallica is from Finland, they don’t give the hairy shît from a rats àss about political correctness, and nor do I. Why don’t cancel all their songs? Like their remake of Turn the Page, it has lyrics that go, “you feel the eyes on you, and the whispers are all the same, is that a woman or a man?” It’s racist against hippies...

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

C'mon man.   \m/

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.