Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Politics & GovernmentOther - Politics & Government · 1 month ago

The Metallica song "Master of Puppets" uses language which implies an outdated and culturally inappropriate power exchange. Can we cancel it?

The word "Master" implies that one human being has an inappropriate amount of control over another. The word also conjures images of slavery and sexual aggression. 

This is simply not acceptable in the year 2021. Can we please cancel this song? Or at least change the name to "Friendship Among Puppets?"

Cancel a Metallica song?? Get this fool out of here!

Uh......then what would you call a collegiate "Masters Degree"?

• PANKO

End of passion play, crumbling away

I'm your source of self-destruction

Veins that pump with fear, sucking darkest clear

Leading on your death's construction

Taste me you will see

More is all you need

You're dedicated to

How I'm killing you

Come crawling fasterObey your masterYour life burns fasterObey your masterMasterMaster of puppets I'm pulling your stringsTwisting your mind and smashing your dreamsBlinded by me, you can't see a thingJust call my name, 'cause I'll hear you screamMasterMasterJust call my name, 'cause I'll hear you screamMasterMaster

And by "cancel"  you mean "just not listen to some old timey band which quite frankly peaked in mid-eighties."

Or do you mean "quit using it to sell minivans to balding guys who pretend they're off-roading rather than car pooling."

Just call my name and I'll hear you scream.

• X

Metallica is from Finland, they don’t give the hairy shît from a rats àss about political correctness, and nor do I. Why don’t cancel all their songs? Like their remake of Turn the Page, it has lyrics that go, “you feel the eyes on you, and the whispers are all the same, is that a woman or a man?” It’s racist against hippies...

C'mon man.   \m/