Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

?

how do you deal with the paranoia that people are gossiping about you?

i'm male in my 40s and i get paranoid a lot, paranoid that people are talking about me, spreading false gossip where i live and now people have a false perception of me where i live.....this makes me angry when i have these paranoid thoughts.

how do i deal with it? i do notice people looking at me in public.

med 10 - *they're* leaving,  not 'their'.

Favorite Answer

ignore it. focus on your task at hand. don’t worry about what other people are doing 

• Med 10

I have been told by people saying "So and so is saying this or that behind your back". I would tell them "as long as their talking about me, their leaving somebody else alone".

i live / i live / i live 3  times you didn't capitalize your I's and you have the gall to point out my mistake !!!  You also didn't capitalize your I  at the beginning of your statement. That makes #  4  i'm should be I'm. 

There’s a reason for it that you have to work out for yourself. So many things make you paranoid like drugs or guilt or an interest in conspiracies. You may also have a mental health issue.