Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Pregnancy & ParentingPregnancy · 2 months ago

Cab pregnancy symptoms show early and what are they ?

Ive got married And I had sex for the first time in my life five days ago and I’ve been having it daily 

My period is two days late and I have all the symptoms with dizziness and tiredness (I feel cold and like am gonna get sick ) 

I wanna know if I can get pregnant days before my period and can symptoms show this early?? Or is this normal 

• LizB

Some women do notice some symptoms almost immediately following implantation, but implantation takes more than 5 days to occur (6-12 days after conception is typical). If you were only a couple of days from your period and you have a fairly regular cycle, then it's unlikely you were fertile that week.

• Rita

How soon can I get pregnancy symptoms before I miss my period? Some women experience common early pregnancy symptoms like tender breasts, nausea, fatigue, sensitivity to smell or bloating within days after conception, or about a week-and-a-half before your period is scheduled to arrive.

Ovulation USUALLY happens ABOUT 14 days BEFORE a period is due.

The egg only lives for about 12 to 24 HOURS.

Pregnancy is unlikely based on the timing during this cycle UNLESS your ovulation was late.

There are NO pregnancy symptoms within the first several days after sex.  It takes at least 5 to 7 days after conception for the egg to implant.  You are not actually pregnant until the egg implants and that causes pregnancy hormones to start.

Early pregnancy symptoms are caused by how YOU react to pregnancy hormones.  At five days after sex, there are NO pregnancy hormones yet.

So - can you get pregnant days before a period - not usually - the egg should be dead.  Late ovulation would be the only chance of pregnancy that close to an expected period.  (and late ovulation will also cause the period to be late.)

Can symptoms show this early - NO - there are NO reliable pregnancy symptoms until you get a POSITIVE pregnancy test.  Even a missing period can be missing for other reasons - so a positive pregnancy test is the ONLY way to be sure that pregnancy hormones are the reason for the symptoms.

Summary:  Everything that can be an early pregnancy symptom is also a symptom that CAN happen for OTHER reasons.  Pregnancy hormones cause pregnancy symptoms.  It takes AT LEAST 14 days after sex for pregnancy hormones to be strong enough to start causing symptoms.  (this is also about the same time a period would be missing)  It can take between 12 to 21 days after sex to get a positive pregnancy test.  (12 days if conception happened immediately AND you are using a very sensitive pregnancy test - up to 21 days if the sperm had to wait for an egg - sperm can live for up to 5 days inside you and wait for an egg to release.  Conception can actually happen up to 5 days AFTER the last time you had sex.)

It takes longer than 5 days from sex for sperm to fertilized an egg -- if there is ovulation at that time -- and for the fertilized egg to travel to the uterus and implant. So, technically, you can't be pregnant yet, so your symptoms are not from pregnancy.

If your period was due 3 days after your first sexual experience, you probably ovulated a week before that date, so no egg would be viable at the time of sex or after that.  Therefore, it is very unlikely that you'd get pregnant this month. 

You really waited until marriage before you had sex? Trust me, there is no god. You were just holing in all that sexual tension for nothing.

Unbelievable!

• helene

They can't show THAT early. 

Let's assume that your ovulation was delayed for some reason, until just after your wedding night, and the egg was fertilized. That egg will spend several days in the fallopian tubes going through numerous cell divisions, until it develops the layer of cells that enable it to implant in the uterus. There is nothing to FEEL before implantation, and it's too early to test for pregnancy then, because the pregnancy hormones aren't high enough.

Implantation usually takes 6-9 days to happen.

• Lili

That's really much too early for pregnancy symptoms to have appeared.  5 days?  If your period is 2 days late, that would mean you were ovulating just 3 days before it was due, and that's late in a cycle for ovulation to occur, though it's not impossible.