Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and beginning April 20th, 2021 (Eastern Time) the Yahoo Answers website will be in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Family & RelationshipsMarriage & Divorce · 1 month ago

Is it OK to seek revenge?

Long story short, I was involved in a very toxic/abusive relationship for 3 years and never once called the police or tried to destroy his image - but after thinking about all the terrible things he put me through (which I now need medication to cope with) - I have this anger inside of me that feels like I let him win. I know where all the bodies are buried, but is it right for me to force karma in this situation? It seems like those with the darkest hearts always thrive.

17 Answers

Relevance
  • Anonymous
    1 month ago

Go for it, pay back can be a bit*ch.  Go get him.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

It is not ok to seek revenge .Forgive and forget .

• 1 month ago

I feel the same way and just saying revenge can rebound and something worse can happen to you. I would just move on and forget about it. 

Source(s): Been around toxic abusive family members
  • L
    Lv 5
    1 month ago

If you're no longer in this relationship...................move on.  

• How do you think about the answers? You can sign in to vote the answer.
  • shyguy
    Lv 4
    1 month ago

If there is some illegal activity that you can PROVE then see a lawyer to decide what to do (you could be an accessory to a crime).  If it is physical abuse you may want to keep him from doing the same thing to another person.   

• 1 month ago

It is NEVER OK to seek revenge.  This is the worst feature of USA society.  "Let he who seeks revenge start by digging two graves".  See "Hatfield vs McCoy".  Because your revenge invites a return revenge and so on.  YOU are dwelling on problems and blaming HIM for that.

• 1 month ago

Try some therapy.  Revenge is never a good idea. It just keeps you living in your past.

• Anonymous
    1 month ago

no and it does not help you in life in any way as matter fact it brings you down as a person 

• There is an old and very true adage - living well is the best revenge.  

• 1 month ago

When you spend time trying to get revenge and make other people's lives miserable, you have less time and energy to spend on yourself and improve your own life. They win when you waste any of your time and energy on them. 

Still have questions? Get your answers by asking now.