Yahoo Answers is shutting down on May 4th, 2021 (Eastern Time) and the Yahoo Answers website is now in read-only mode. There will be no changes to other Yahoo properties or services, or your Yahoo account. You can find more information about the Yahoo Answers shutdown and how to download your data on this help page.

? asked in Food & DrinkNon-Alcoholic Drinks · 2 months ago

Why does coffee make me tired and lifeless?

I dont regularly drink coffee, I have 1-2 cups of tea a day and usually a fair amount of chocolate which is where my caffeine intake comes from and I don't notice any effects. 

When I do drink coffee, I instantly feel tired and like I have no energy even to stand up. I have also tried caffeine tablets previously and felt more tired than I ever have before taking them. 

Has anyone experienced this or can anyone explain this? 

thanks

• ?

Coffee can increase pulse and cause higher blood pressure. You may be feeling weak from too much caffeine. Consider cutting your coffee in half and having it just in the morning when your metabolism is higher (and there are less of these effects) and see how you feel. If you still feel this way, time to cut out all coffee and other major sources of caffeine (like tea) completely.

Hope things get better for you.

Source(s): coffee and tea drinker, experience, knowledge

Coffee blocks adenosine. When you're awake during the day, your adenosine levels increase, eventually making you drowsy by suppressing the activity of cells in the basal forebrain. After you fall asleep, adenosine levels drop. .