Anonymous
Anonymous asked in Food & DrinkCooking & Recipes · 1 month ago

How else can I moisten salt and pepper chicken other than soy sauce?

I’ve made salt and pepper chicken which seems fine but it’s quite dry. I added a little soy sauce but don’t want to make it too salty as it’s already a salty dish. I have rice vinegar would that be ok? Or would you suggest something else? I live a short walk from a superstore so I can grab whatever you think would work!

I also have honey and lemon if any of these are potentials? Thanks I’m advance :)

I've noticed that some brands of chicken are just tough sometimes, which is why i always get mine at the meat counter now.  It's always moist

• JOHN B

Shorten the cooking process.

Brine your chicken. look it up.

Can you please let me check first,

are you asking about cooked chicken?

There is no way to moisten your chicken that has already lost its moisture. If you puree it, that might be a different story.

Due to osmotic pressure, salt will draw water out of the cells...unless there is more salt inside the cells than outside the cells.

Therefore, if you want to keep your chicken moist, do not keep exposing it to excessive amounts of salt.

Also, no matter what type of meat it is, whether it dries out or not is determined by the heating temperature.

At a certain temperature, the cells contract and the water is removed. Chicken meat is especially susceptible to drying out due to heating because the fibers are arranged in a certain direction.

The best way to avoid this is to heat the meat so that the core temperature is not too high.

At the same time, we need to ensure that the temperature is high enough to avoid food poisoning. (Campylobacter is a very common bacterium in poultry that can cause food poisoning that sometimes leaves serious after-effects.

Yes, google how to heat the meat while keeping the center temperature at 64 degrees Celsius.

I use this method to have moist, juicy chicken breasts any time of the day.

Why not try a marinade? You can use just about any vinegar based salad dressing as a marinade, and it comes out very flavorful. My favorites are Kraft Catalina and Kraft Italian. I used boneless, skinless breasts, put them in a ziplock and added enough of the dressing to coat, and just left it for a couple of hours until it was ready to cook. Another thing I like to use is Sweet Thai chili sauce. If you don't mind a bit of warmth, it goes really good on chicken. Actually, truth be told, I use the Thai sauce on everything. That stuff is my crack.

• A marinade with lime juice, olive oil and your basic seasonings. 

• kswck2

Try lemon juice or white wine. 

You could add some low sodium chicken broth while it's cooking.